The vacuum cleaner is one of the most important accessories for the interior cleaning of your car. You already know that your car interior needs a good clean every now and then: mud from the last trip to the mountains, sand from your last swim on the beach, crumbs from a child’s snack, pet hair… Your trustworthy car wash offers you different vacuum cleaner models -individual and dual units or combined with other pieces of car care equipment- to help you eliminate all the dirt that builds up in the car interior day after day. Do you know how to vacuum your car properly? Here are some tips on how to do it more comfortably and effectively.
- First things first. Make sure your car is parked in a position that gives you access to all the seats. You should park close to the vacuum cleaner but in such a way that all doors can be easily opened.
- Begin by emptying the car completely. Remove all objects such as keys, remote controls, sunglasses, cables, and clean out the light trash a vacuum cannot pick up: papers, tickets and any food or drinks left inside. Pay special attention to small objects on the floor or the seats, like coins and any other item you do not want the vacuum cleaner to pick.
- Once the car is empty, take the mats out to shake them and vacuum-clean them. You can use other ISTOBAL accessories to do so, like the mat beater or the mat cleaner.
- We also recommend using a blower for corners and vents, to remove the dust before vacuum cleaning.
- Now, you can start vacuuming. Follow an order so that all areas are cleaned. Begin with the back seats to then move on to the dashboard, or vice versa. Vacuum the seats, the trays, the seat sides and the floor thoroughly. The car seats move forwards and backwards for our convenience. When cleaning the front, move the seat fully backwards so you can reach and clean every nook and cranny. You can also recline the seats to vacuum any hidden dirt.
- If you don’t vacuum clean your car all that frequently, you may have to give it an extra pass. Remember that a thorough vacuum including all corners guarantees a deep clean.
Now you know how to apply the ISTOBAL tips for a perfectly vacuum-clean car, so roll up your sleeves!