Here are some tips and rules to be kept in mind when you wash your vehicle at the jet wash. Some may sound obvious to some of you, but it is worth remembering them if you want to have a comfortable, safe and effective car wash experience. At the end of the day, we both share the same goal, that is, having an impeccable-looking vehicle.
- Put your vehicle in the centre of the bay, turn off the engine and engage the handbrake. Make sure that there are no defective vehicle parts or areas that could be affected during the wash process and remove any items not attached to the chassis. Of course, you need to check that all the windows are up and that the doors are closed.
- Choose the right lance for each wash program and bear in mind that it is important to go through all the wash phases for an optimum finish. Here are some tips about the use of chemicals in the various phases:
- Let the tyre pre-wash work for about one minute and then rinse it off with water. Do not let the product dry on the surface, as it can remove the gloss of metal parts. Remember not apply this product on the bodywork or on sensitive car areas.
- After applying the foam, rinse with normal water to remove any residue. It is very important not to let cleaning products dry.
- For a perfect finish, we recommend you to apply wax and then rinse it off with osmotized water to avoid unwanted marks.
- Spray the vehicle from top to bottom and with a constant movement over the surface. Observe a 30 cm minimum distance from the tip of the lance to the vehicle. Be particularly careful with tyres: if the distance is less than 20 cm or if you work on the same spot for more than 5 seconds or directly between the rim and the tyre, damage could be caused. And you should not apply the high-pressure jet directly on electrical components and seals.
- Do not, under any circumstances, aim the lance or the gun directly at a person or an animal, even if the machine is out of service or if it has no credit. Our jet wash equipment is not intended for animals or kitchenware. It is exclusively to be used with vehicles.
- Do not insert credits if the lance or gun is not in its holder. Hold it properly with your hand before activating the wash. Once the wash process is complete, put the lance back and carefully walk towards your vehicle, as the floor will be wet.
- In case of an incident, press the Stop button and follow the instructions of the staff in charge of the facility at all times.
If you follow these tips, your car will be perfectly washed and your jet wash experience will certainly be both pleasant and safe.