Pursuant to Act 15/1999 on Data Protection (LOPD – Ley Orgánica de Protección de Datos), Personal Data is understood to mean ”any information relative to an identified or identifiable individual”.
The only personal data that ISTOBAL, SA, hereinafter ”ISTOBAL” shall have access to is the information that the user voluntarily provides through the following websites, hereinafter individually referred to as ”the Website”, and via the forms on them:
In compliance with current regulations, ISTOBAL has taken technical and organisational measures to ensure the security level required for the personal information processed. Similarly, ISTOBAL has implemented the necessary mechanisms at its disposal to avoid, as far as possible, any unauthorised access.
Pursuant to the Data Protection Act, any information you may provide via the forms hosted on the Website or by any other means, associated with it, will become part of a file owned by ISTOBAL, S.A. (”Entity Responsible for File”), with place of business in L’Alcúdia (VALENCIA), Avda. Conde de Serrallo, 10, Post Code 46250, and VAT no. A46011276. Treatment of such files is subject to the Data Protection Act and its implementing regulations.
Any personal information provided by you will be part of a file that will be used in order to give you the service offered on the Website as well as for sending information related to the activity of ISTOBAL.
Data processing on the Website
ISTOBAL may process your personal data for the following purposes, depending on the form completed:
- To manage your website browsing activity.
- To manage your registered user name and to identify you as a ‘registered user’ in order to customise your experience and interface, and to show you contents in line with your interests, preferences and taste, adapting your browsing experience, the design, and the product and service portfolio to your personal, professional or consumer profile.
- To handle your participation in blogs or forums on the Website.
- To register you as a participant in competitions, promotions, and/or raffles organised by ISTOBAL, to properly manage your participation.
- To manage Customer Service, to answer any doubts, complaints, comments or concerns you may have regarding the information on the Website, and to deal with incidents related to the products and services you may gain access to on the Website, as well as any other queries you may have.
- To carry out e-commerce activities, where appropriate, offering payment services -always with your explicit informed consent- and in compliance with the terms and conditions of such services as they appear on the Website.
- To manage the payment of products and services purchased by you, through payment gateways contracted to that end.
- To use the results of such studies to design and plan sales and marketing actions that may be implemented either through the Website -expanding and improving the services and contents offered therein and the design of new products and services- or via direct marketing actions as specified in data collection forms.
- To use your data to inform you about the advantages inherent to your status as a Website registered user, by either standard or electronic means (email, SMS, instant messaging applications, social media, push notifications, etc.). These advantages may include, for instance, birthday or Christmas cards, newsletters and editorial alerts, sales newsletters about products and/or services similar to those purchased by the user, information on activities, promotions, contests and events exclusively offered to registered users, and, in general, information related to new developments applicable to the products and/or services purchased, so that you can be permanently informed about all the advantages that a registered user has. You have the right to opt out of receiving this type of communications at any time by going to your personal area directly on the Website, or through other mechanisms as indicated in each case. To propose you to participate in satisfaction surveys and analyses in those cases in which you have registered on the Website and/or in products and services expressly contracted by you. These surveys will be related to the product or service contracted.
- To process your data for marketing purposes, provided you have consented to your personal data being processed, by either standard or electronic means, in accordance with the provisions in the next section (”Marketing communications”).
- To manage compliance, maintenance, development and control of any relationships that ISTOBAL may have with you.
- Any other purpose specifically included in the corresponding legends and/or particular conditions on data collection forms, in order to cover the different types of relationships that we may have with you according to each case.
We inform you that, on each data collection form, you may be asked to consent to being sent marketing communications. If you give your explicit permission through the boxes on the relevant data collection forms, we could contact you by standard mail, telephone, email, SMS, instant messaging applications, social media, push notifications, or any other electronic means, to send you information about products and/or services which we think may interest you.
Depending on the options you may authorise, communications may refer to products and/or services of the companies in the ISTOBAL group (see next section).
In those cases in which you may have accepted to receive marketing communications as described in the previous paragraph, ISTOBAL may ask you to participate in surveys whose scope will be limited to the scope of the type of communications you accepted to receive.
Sharing data with third parties
In order to meet your requirements or provide you with the information requested, ISTOBAL may need to share your Data with some of the following companies in the ISTOBAL Group, all of them with place of business in L’Alcúdia (VALENCIA), Avda. Conde de Serrallo, 10, Post Code 46250: ISTOBAL SERVICIOS INTEGRADOS, S.L. (VAT no. B98088495), ISTOBAL MANUFACTURING SPAIN, S.L. (VAT no. B98590953), ISTOBAL ESPAÑA, S.L. (VAT no. B98591233), ISTOBAL METAL WORKS, S.L. (VAT no. B98628902).
In some of the electronic forms, you will be asked to give your consent so that we can send you marketing communications by any means, including electronic mail or equivalent means of electronic communication, in accordance with the provisions in article 21 of the Information Society Services Act.
ARCO rights (Access, Rectification, Cancellation and Opposition rights)
We also inform you that you have the right to access, modify and cancel, as well as the ability to revoke your consent by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request must include your name, address, right you would like to exercise and the contents of your request.
The User undertakes to keep the data provided to the Entity Responsible for the File properly updated. The holder will be responsible for any damages that ISTOBAL or third parties may suffer as a result of the lack of truthfulness, inaccuracy, lack of validity and authenticity of the data provided.
What are cookies and how are they used on ISTOBAL websites?
A cookie is a small text file that a server can place on the hard disk of your computer, tablet, mobile phone or on the device you use to surf the Internet, containing information about the user’s visit to the Website, his/her browsing preferences, information of his/her interests, language, etc.
Depending on their nature, cookies can be classified into:
- Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies: session cookies are erased when you close your browser, while persistent cookies remain on the computer.
- Own cookies and Third-party cookies: the first ones belong to the website owner or and the other type to a third party.
Cookies can be used to collect specific information during your visit to the Website. The purpose of using cookies is to improve browsing and functionality, as this information can help ISTOBAL ensure that the Website and the services meet user needs and preferences as much as possible.
On our Website, cookies are only associated with an anonymous user and his/her computer/device; they do not provide references that may reveal personal data.
ISTOBAL websites use the following types of cookies:
- Session cookies and language-identification cookies, necessary for the operation of the Website.
- Analysis cookies are used by us or by third parties, and allow us to quantify the number of users and perform measurements and statistical analysis on the use of the services offered.
Your browsing activity on our Website is analysed in order to improve our product and service offer.
The information obtained is statistical, e.g. number of pages viewed, language, social media on which our articles and news are published, city to which the IP address of access is assigned, number of users who visit us, visit frequency and recurrence, length of visit, browser used, operator, terminal from which the visit takes place. We use this information only to evaluate potential improvements with a view to offering a better service to users and facilitate their interaction with social media like Twitter or Facebook.
For more information on how to eliminate, disable or block cookies, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/es/administrar-las-cookies/
How can I set my Cookies?
Unless you have set your browser to prevent so, our system will create cookies as soon as you visit our Website. You can set your Internet browser to prompt you each time a new cookie is stored on your computer, to accept it or reject it. Do not forget that some parts of the Website may not work properly if you reject cookies.
To allow, know, block or remove the cookies installed on your computer, go to your browser settings. Below are the links of the main browsers and devices for you to have all the information needed to control cookies on your browser.